Artarmon at a Glance
The only thing some Sydney residents know about Artarmon is that it’s one of many stops when heading north out of the city via train. But there’s much more to this north shore suburb than just its train station, as any local will be quick to tell you. And because the railway line bisects Artarmon north to south, Artarmon Station’s central location makes it the perfect starting point to explore this under-rated area of Sydney.
The eastern side of the train line is largely residential, with leafy streets boasting detached homes of varying vintages on large blocks of land. There are some sought-after properties in this part of Artarmon, and as you’d expect in a suburb just 9km from the Sydney CBD, they often cost a pretty penny.
Head west from the station and things take on more of a “city” feel. Here you’ll find Artarmon’s main shopping precinct, which is home to several great cafes and independent stores, as well as high-rise apartments and units. To the south you’ll also find the car dealers and mechanics of Artarmon’s commercial district, not to mention the suburb’s very own Bunnings — a very handy inclusion for keen DIYers (and anyone craving a sausage sizzle!).
But Artarmon isn’t just about business and residential zones. This is Sydney’s north shore after all, so you can still find quiet parks and pockets of unspoilt bushland where you can almost forget that you’re in the midst of a major city. Artarmon Reserve is one such spot. While it’s just a couple of hundred metres from the train station, it’s the perfect spot to get outside, take a relaxing stroll and treat kids to some much-needed playground time.
So, while Artarmon might not be the most glamorous or best-known spot on Sydney’s lower north shore, there’s still plenty to love about this surprising suburb.
- Ultra-convenient location for anyone who wants to live close to the city on the lower north shore.
- A good mix of real estate options to suit a wide variety of people.
- Community atmosphere and local shops along Hampden Road.
- Easy access to the Sydney CBD by train or bus.
- You’ll find some great Japanese restaurants hidden away here.
- Artarmon has its own Bunnings so you won’t need to drive too far to stock up on supplies for your weekend DIY projects.
- All the shops and eateries you need, without the crowds of major shopping districts.
- A stop away from Chatswood if you want further options and more bustle.
- The absence of a major supermarket in Artarmon can be a pain. That said, you don't have to venture too far into neighbouring suburbs to find what you're looking for.
- If you live close to the train line you better get used to a little extra background noise.
- The Gore Hill Freeway and the Pacific Highway meet in Artarmon, while the traffic on Mowbray Road during peak times could have you tearing your hair out.
- Need some retail therapy? The many shopping centres of Chatswood are simply one stop away on the train line.
- If you want to give your pooch a chance to play off-leash, head to Artarmon Reserve.
- Going into labour? Injured yourself at home? Royal North Shore Hospital is just a stone's throw away in St Leonards.
- If you're craving a gourmet café breakfast or lunch, head to The Wilkes.
Living in Artarmon
Cafes and Tidbits
- Start the day with a bacon and egg roll and coffee at Everyday Canteen.
- Coffee connoisseurs will love Salvage Specialty Coffee.
- Breakfast at The Wilkes on hash benedict or wrap your mouth around a succulent lunchtime burger.
- Friendly service and good food at Hampden 86.
- Looking for a bite to eat in Artarmon's industrial area? Check out Brickworks Café.
- Yakiniku Restaurant Wakana may not look all that flash from the outside but the Japanese dishes here will have you licking your lips.
- Get a taste of Italy at Pizza Luna.
- Pop by The Thai Artarmon for an aromatic curry.
- The smoked chicken at Taipei Chef Restaurant always gets rave reviews, and with good reason.
- Sample some sushi at Haru Japanese Restaurant.
- Good pub grub at the Freeway Hotel.
- Enjoy a Sunday session in the beer garden of the Great Northern Hotel.
Sites and Activities
- Love craft beer? Head to The Beer Cartel on Reserve Road where you can buy drool-worthy brews from Australia and all around the world.
- Searching for a park with a fun kids' playground? Check out Thomson Park, Artarmon Reserve, Jersey Road Reserve or Cleland Park.
- Heading northwest from the train station? The uphill trek along Hampden Road towards the Great Northern Hotel should help you work up a thirst.
- Looking to explore on two wheels? The Artarmon Link Path is open to pedestrians and bicyclists and runs from Shepherd Road to Artarmon Reserve. It then joins up with the Naremburn Cycleway.
The people who call Artarmon home are quite a diverse bunch, not only in terms of age and family status but also in terms of ethnic background. You’ll find young professionals, families and older couples here, with around half the population born in Australia.
This is in large part due to the diversity of properties on offer in the area, with everything from older-style family homes to high-density high-rise apartments. Along with an enviable location just a short train ride from the heart of Sydney making Artarmon a popular choice for a wide range of home buyers and renters.
- Chatswood West
- Willoughby East
- Lane Cove North
- Lane Cove East
- Middle Cove
- Crows Nest
House Cleaning Services in Artarmon, Sydney
Your Happiness Guaranteed
Artarmon's Best and Most Trusted Cleaner
Are you searching for house cleaning services in Artarmon? A reliable domestic cleaner can help take some of the stress out of everyday life, freeing up more time for you to do the things you love.
And in a suburb like Artarmon, which offers great cafes, leafy surrounds and easy access to the city, you’ll always be able to find something fun and interesting to do. So, book an Artarmon house cleaner to take care of the jobs you don’t want to do and get out there and explore this beautiful suburb!
With us the residents of Artarmon can schedule exceptional:
Recurring home cleaning
Deep and Spring cleaning
Move-in / move-out / end of lease / bond cleaning
- Fridge and oven cleaning
- Interior window cleaning
- Carpet cleaning
Relax with Convenience and Reliability
We delight in creating more hygienic and vibrant homes in Artarmon. This is made much easier with our streamlined booking process. All you have to do is enter your basic details and you can select from a wide range of professional cleaning services with flexible schedules in under a minute.
With our secure and very easy to use booking system, you can secure your next house cleaning in 60 seconds now.