If ever there was a grand turnaround story for a Sydney suburb, Darlinghurst would be the protagonist. Once a slum and red light district, Darlinghurst has emerged as one of Sydney’s most sought-after postcodes. Today, a glimpse into Darlinghurst illuminates trendy cafés, off-beat hole-in-the-walls and an eclectic bar scene. This is balanced out with a prestigious medical corridor, world-class museums and prestigious private schools. The more I think about it, the more I’m surprised as to how much is this relatively small place contains.
As at the time of writing this, Darlinghurst is definitely a fast evolving modern area suited for the young couple, bachelor and more adventurous families. Over time, we’re predicting more venues layered on top adding to an already flavoursome location. We’re summing this suburb up in three words; nightlife, culture and dining.
- An abundance of options for cafes, dining and bars; perfect for suiting your taste on the night. We’re definitely going to miss some and new ones as we list out places to try below.
- Open late and walking distance from the city.
- Nearby other trendy suburbs in the Sydney’s East allowing you to adventure there by day and head to Darlinghurst by night.
- Vibrancy in the different styles and people you’ll encounter.
- Much safer following the imposition of lockout laws but you can still encounter some strange characters later at night.
- Finding parking during peak hours for dining is a horrendous experience. Take an uber or train and walk instead.
- Dining on Victoria St and Stanley St give you a more local feel.
- I may be judged for this but I’m throwing Thirsty Bird's burgers in (yes, it's technically Potts Point); just hits my spot.
Snapshot of Features
Cafes and Tidbits
- Try Bills Darlinghurst and order the pancakes.
Ovo Café for more homely meals.
- Dabble in brunches with more colour at Fable Coffee Sydney.
- If you’re craving Italian then Son of Frank is where you should be.
- If you’re after some wholesome food, The Fine Food Store Coffee Bar has you covered.
- Did you telepathically ask about poke bowls? Yes then head to Sandoitchi.
- Toastie Toast Co. for … toasties.
- Burger and onion rings at Pablo’s Vice.
Latteria for quality coffee.
- The Rusty Rabbit for your avo smash.
A Tavola is perfect for your next date.
Brick Lane for tantalising Indian cuisine.
Buffalo Dining Club although it takes a while to secure a seat.
Casoni, just try it.
- Chaco Bar for yakitori and if you head there on the right night, interesting ramen flavours.
Love, Tilly Devine where you’ll find a wide ranging menu sourced globally
Eau de Vie
Shady Pines Saloon
Black Bottle where you’ll be accompanied with delightful small plates
- Big Poppa’s
Sites and Activities
- This one may be on the borderline but Holey Moley opened up a new putt putt range near Kings Cross Station. The courses are just as creative as the ones in Newtown if not more; especially the Casino course. Immense fun with friends or your next date!
- Sample and load on various gelato flavours at Messina.
Mardi Gras of course.
- Learn and explore the Australian Museum.
- Govindas Cinema and Restaurant; Indian buffet and film nights.
Darlinghurst is populated with historic Victorian and Federation terrace houses. Some have been beautifully restored preserving liveability within timeless sandstone and iron balconies. In amongst these terraces are more modern studios and low rise apartments.
As at the time of writing this, the average rent for a 2 bedroom terrace / apartment is $775.
- Surry Hills
- Potts Point
- Rushcutters Bay
- Elizabeth Bay
- Sydney CBD
House Cleaning in Darlinghurst, Sydney
Your Happiness Guaranteed
Darlinghurst's Best and Most Trusted Cleaner
You have a ton of things to do, enjoy and experience. Living in the heart of Sydney CBD, we understand your time can be consumed by mundane chores such as vacuuming and cleaning your showers. Cleaning Ease is here to liberate your time so you tick off all those actions you've planned and dreamed.
With us the residents of Darlinghurst can schedule exceptional:
Recurring home cleaning
Deep and Spring cleaning
Move-in / move-out / end of lease / bond cleaning
- Fridge and oven cleaning
- Interior window cleaning
- Carpet cleaning
Relax with Convenience and Reliability
We delight in creating more hygienic and vibrant homes in Darlinghurst. This is made much easier with our streamlined booking process. All you have to do is enter your basic details and you can select from a wide range of professional cleaning services with flexible schedules in under a minute.
With our secure and very easy to use booking system, you can secure your next house cleaning in 60 seconds now.