Dee Why at a Glance
Situated right at the heart of Sydney’s northern beaches, Dee Why is a lovely place to be at any time of year.
Make the 18km journey north from the Sydney CBD and you’ll be surprised just how quickly you transition from hustle, bustle and high-rises to relaxed beachside living. There’s a laid-back surfer vibe in Dee Why that’s immediately apparent from the moment you set foot on The Strand, which overlooks beautiful Dee Why Beach.
The beach is of course the highlight of the suburb and draws visitors from all over Sydney. It offers safe swimming, a wide stretch of sand for sunbathers and beachcombers, and a beautiful rockpool at its southern end. And when the swell is coming from the south and the conditions are just right, you’ll see scores of local surfers making the pilgrimage to the pumping point break.
But there’s more to Dee Why than just sun, sand and surf. There’s also a thriving café scene with a real cosmopolitan feel, so you’re spoiled for choice when you want a latte, a light lunch or something more substantial. You’ll find plenty of great spots along The Strand, along with many other options in and around the main commercial area on Pittwater Road.
All the major shops and supermarkets you need are right at your doorstep, while there’s also plenty of green space to explore. The Stony Range Regional Botanic Garden is a great spot for a walk, while Dee Why Lagoon is perfect if you’re looking to do some quiet contemplation.
If you love the sound and smell of the ocean and living an outdoor lifestyle, Dee Why really is one of the best places to live anywhere in Sydney.
Dee Why Highlights
- Beautiful coastal living alongside one of Sydney’s best beaches.
- Plenty to see and heaps to do, but the vibe around town is always laid-back and relaxed.
- Take your pick of many cosmopolitan cafes and eateries along the waterfront.
- The outdoor lifestyle you can enjoy when you live right next to the beach.
- Friendly community atmosphere just 18km from the CBD.
- Homes to suit a wide range of buyers and renters.
- All the essential shops and amenities you need are located close by.
- Getting to the city by car or public transport can be a hassle.
- Battling the traffic on Pittwater Road will have you tearing your hair out.
- The crowds that swarm the beach on the hottest days of summer.
- Head to The Strand for cosmopolitan café fare.
- Need free wi-fi? Head to Dee Why Beach and keep an eye out for the wi-fi access points.
- In summer, get to the beach early to find a good car park spot.
Living in Dee Why
Cafes and Tidbits
- Grab breakfast or a burger at Sea Change Café on The Strand.
- You won’t find a better breakfast location than The Beach Shed.
- Try the fritters or the brekkie wrap at Blondie Brown.
- Hit up Brew & I when you want coffee done right.
- Oliver’s Twist Espresso & Wine is another favourite with local coffee lovers.
- Munchies for awesome burgers by the beach.
- Craving crepes or a nutritious veggie bowl? Head to Girdlers.
- Treat yourself to the unique ice cream flavours at Chill Bar.
- Meat lovers rejoice at the steaks on offer at Wildwater Grill.
- Try the mouthwatering modern Australian cuisine (and maybe a cocktail) at Corretto Dee Why.
- Modern Italian at Stella Blu. Try the fish of the day or splash out on a seafood platter.
- Great pasta and other Italian classics at Livoti’s.
- Yet more great Italian at Giovanni’s.
- Nachos and margaritas and Beach Burrito Co.
- Try a wrap or get a few plates to share at Mint Lebanese Cuisine.
- Seafood at the Beach for fish and chips by the water.
- Terrific tapas at Jah Bar.
- Yummy yum cha at Wockbar.
- Deck Bar & Dining is the perfect spot for a hearty meal and a drink with a view.
- Sample the 30+ beers on tap at the Dee Why Hotel.
- Austrian Beer Bar & Restaurant for Austrian, Czech and German brews.
- Dee Why RSL for cocktails at Flame Bar, or the relaxed alfresco vibe of Cabana Bar.
Sites and Activities
- Start the day right with a morning run along the beach and then a quick dip in the ocean.
- Once you’ve dried off, enjoy breakfast and a delicious coffee at one of the many cafes overlooking the beach.
- Celebrate Australia Day in Dee Why with a BBQ breakfast, thong throwing competition, live entertainment and fireworks.
- Swim laps in the 50-metre Dee Why Rockpool.
- Do some wildlife watching at Dee Why Lagoon and enjoy a peaceful stroll to Long Reef.
With its beautiful beach and thriving café scene, Dee Why has plenty to offer for people of all ages. This is also true when talking about the properties on offer in the area — while around 75% of all homes in Dee Why are units or apartments, the suburb also boasts many older homes and recently renovated houses.
As you’d expect, properties close to the water (or with water views) fetch the highest prices, but you’ll find plenty of houses set a little way back from the beach that won’t break the bank.
- Collaroy Plateau
- Wheeler Heights
- Beacon Hill
- North Curl Curl
- Curl Curl
- Freshwater (Harbord)
House Cleaning Services in Dee Why, Sydney
Your Happiness Guaranteed
Dee Why's Best and Most Trusted Cleaner
The sun is shining, the beach looks perfect and there’s a coffee at a waterfront café calling your name — so why would you want to be stuck at home cleaning? Dee Why offers a relaxing, healthy lifestyle that many other Sydney suburbs simply can’t match, so you’ll no doubt want to take every opportunity you can to get out there and enjoy it.
To find more time in your busy schedule, leave the house cleaning to us. Our professional home cleaning service will take care of all those time-consuming chores for you, leaving you free to hit the beach, dine out on the waterfront or simply relax.
With us the residents of Dee Why can schedule exceptional:
Recurring home cleaning
Deep and Spring cleaning
Move-in / move-out / end of lease / bond cleaning
- Fridge and oven cleaning
- Interior window cleaning
- Carpet cleaning
Relax with Convenience and Reliability
We delight in creating more hygienic and vibrant homes in Dee Why. This is made much easier with our streamlined booking process. All you have to do is enter your basic details and you can select from a wide range of professional cleaning services with flexible schedules in under a minute.
With our secure and very easy to use booking system, you can secure your next house cleaning in 60 seconds now.