Double Bay at a Glance
Double Bay is where you go to live your best life. This fashionable, Instagram-chic neighbourhood on the south shore is popular with affluent professionals, particularly women. With waterfront views and a ferry terminal that can get you anywhere on the Harbour, Double Bay has quickly become a go-to living and shopping destination.
At the north end is the Double Bay Beach and Marina and to the south are the Lough Playing Fields for picnics and sports. In between are quiet residential streets lined with Victorian-era townhouses and the busy Double Bay commercial district. You’ll find restaurants, spas, luxury boutiques and mansions all mixed together in front of the backdrop of sailboats bobbing in the Harbour.
Its tight, hilly streets make walking and parking a challenge, but with access to both a ferry terminal and the Edgecliff Station, you won’t have a problem leaving the car at home. You’re just one stop away from Kings Cross station, and if you have time for a walk you can always wander toward Potts Point and the CBD via Rushcutters Bay.
Double Bay Highlights
- Waterfront views and elegant mansions give Double Bay an air of luxury.
- Transvaal Ave is where to go for boutique shopping in Sydney.
- Hidden beaches make Double Bay the perfect, tucked away-swimming spot.
- Recent development has brought new life to this once-forgotten suburb.
- Double Bay is expensive and it’s hard to escape the luxury resort vibe.
- The streets are hilly and parking is tight.
- The Murray Rose tidal swimming pool is rarely busy and ideal for swimming.
- Guilfoyle Park has a popular farmers market on Thursdays.
Snapshot of Features
Cafes and Tidbits
Indigo is one of the most popular upscale cafes in Double Bay.
- While Red Leaf Cafe offers breakfast and brunch right by the beach.
- The Taka Tea Garden sells loose-leaf tea from China and Japan.
- And Little Jean is a lively coffeeshop and daytime bistro.
- And Schnitzel House serves everything from potato salad to deep fried camembert.
Matteo is your spot for traditional Italian pizza.
- While Chinta Kechil serves Malay specialities.
- Vine Double Bay offers fancy French dining.
- And Limoncello is a casual Italian ristorante.
- While CHAR & CO offers South American barbecue and sangria.
The Golden Sheaf is a pub with craft beer and wagyu burgers.
Mrs Sippy is a colorful bar with Vodka Espressos and other cocktails.
- The Stockroom Restaurant and Stillery Cocktail Bar is a gin bar in the Intercontinental Hotel.
- And the bibo wine bar serves European wine and snacks.
- If you prefer whiskey, visit the World of Whiskey, which has over 100 varieties to sample.
Sites and Activities
- Do your boutique shopping (or window-shopping) on Transvaal Ave, home to your favourite European designers.
- Go for a swim at Double Bay Beach or in the Murray Rose pool.
- Do your organic food shopping at Guilfoyle Park at the Thursday market.
- Visit Clark Island, which is available for hire for weddings and other events through Sydney Harbour National Park.
Double Bay is less diverse than other neighbourhoods in Sydney, with around half of residents originally born in Australia, nearly 6 percent from England, and around 5% each from New Zealand and South Africa. Double Bay has a higher percentage of women than anywhere else in the state; 56.3% as of 2012. There are also several heritage-listed homes and a variety of architectural styles.
House Cleaning Services in Double Bay, Sydney
Your Happiness Guaranteed
Double Bay's Best and Most Trusted Cleaner
Double Bay is a luxury getaway just a few kilometers from the CBD. With all of the chic options available in the neighbourhood, you want a home or apartment that lives up to Double Bay’s reputation. Whether you’re entertaining guests or just admiring the view, hire our professional cleaners to get your home in order for you so you can head out to brunch or take a dip in the bay.
With us the residents of Double Bay can schedule exceptional:
Recurring home cleaning
Deep and Spring cleaning
Move-in / move-out / end of lease / bond cleaning
- Fridge and oven cleaning
- Interior window cleaning
- Carpet cleaning
Relax with Convenience and Reliability
We delight in creating more hygienic and vibrant homes in Double Bay. This is made much easier with our streamlined booking process. All you have to do is enter your basic details and you can select from a wide range of professional cleaning services with flexible schedules in under a minute.
With our secure and very easy to use booking system, you can secure your next house cleaning in 60 seconds now.