Hunters Hill at a Glance
Tucked away on a small peninsula between the Parramatta and Lane Cove Rivers, Hunters Hill is one of Sydney’s most exclusive suburbs. A prestigious location favoured by the wealthy (and sometimes famous), Hunters Hill is home to some of the most sought-after real estate anywhere in Sydney.
With water views seemingly everywhere you look, this pristine waterfront gem is found just 9km northwest of the Sydney CBD but feels a world away. Think tree-lined streets, historic houses and an unmistakable community feel and you should have a pretty good idea of what Hunters Hill has to offer.
There’s no shortage of things to see and do in this garden suburb. You can marvel at majestic homes, visit the Hunters Hill Museum, or admire some beautiful harbour scenery while you tackle the Seven Bridges Walk. Alternatively, take the kids to Boronia Park for a play, cast your eye over historic Woolwich Dock, or head to nearby Clarkes Point Reserve for great views of the city.
Hunters Hill also offers plenty of choice when you want to eat out. While it doesn’t offer the same breadth of options as some other suburbs, you’ll still find everything from Italian to Nepalese as well as several impressive cafes.
There’s lots to love about Hunters Hill, which is probably why the people who move here tend to never leave.
Hunters Hill Highlights
- Home to some of Sydney’s best and most sought-after properties.
- Hunters Hill’s peninsula location means locals are spoiled when it comes to water views.
- There’s a peaceful vibe and a community atmosphere.
- Family-friendly, suburban feel but still very close to the Sydney CBD.
- The ferry ride from Hunters Hill Wharf to Circular Quay is pretty damn spectacular.
- Close to good schools and ideal for families who enjoy the quiet life.
- It’s usually easy to find a car park and traffic on the peninsula is never a major concern.
- Not the place to be if you’re looking for a vibrant nightlife.
- The fact that it’s surrounded by water means it can be a little difficult to access from some other parts of Sydney.
- Much of the real estate in Hunters Hill is too pricey for many people.
- The suburb could do with a few more cafes and restaurants.
- Looking for the perfect vantage point to watch the New Year’s Eve fireworks? Head to Clarkes Point Reserve in the neighbouring suburb of Woolwich.
- Take a stroll along Madeline and Alexandra Streets to check out some of the older homes and buildings for which Hunters Hill is famous.
- If you want to go bushwalking, head to Kellys Bush.
Living in Hunters Hill
Cafes and Tidbits
- Stoneground Bakery offers succulent homemade pies, sweet treats, breakfasts and light lunches. Make sure you try the sourdough.
- Grab coffee and a muffin at Unwritten, or stop in for lunch and try the fish tacos.
- Great coffee and delicious food at Dachshund Coffee. Try the Notorious P.I.G. sandwich.
- You’ll find good coffee at Hadz&co.
- Visit Locantro Fine Foods to enjoy a sweet treat (or two!).
- Chicho’s Café is always popular — taste the food and you’ll see why.
- 21.10 Brasserie is another local favourite.
- Le Village is a family-friendly café that brings a taste of France to Hunters Hill. The crème brulee will have you licking your lips.
- It may be in neighbouring Woolwich, but Deckhouse offers excellent waterfront dining.
- Want contemporary Australian dishes in a heritage-listed cottage? Head to Bistro 54.
- Le Village also does French dinners from Thursday to Saturday.
- Ottimo Italian Kitchen for classic Italian flavours.
- Via Napoli Pizzeria is the place to go for delicious homemade pizza.
- Lipari Pizza Bar also does exquisite homemade pizzas. It’s hard to go past any of the seafood pizzas or a good old-fashioned supreme.
- Fish and chips at Basil’s.
- Delicious Turkish street food at Grill Republic.
- Mt Everest Indian and Nepalese for a spicy and flavoursome curry.
- Head to The Hills Middle Eastern for a Lebanese feast.
- Good food and a great beer garden at the Hunters Hill Hotel.
- Check out the Sports Bar at Hunters Hill Club.
- Otherwise, you’ll need to head out of Hunters Hill for night-time entertainment.
- The Woolwich Pier Hotel offers excellent harbour views, or you can check out the Bayview Hotel in nearby Gladesville.
Sites and Activities
- Cycle the 6km Hunters Hill Bike Route and take in several gorgeous waterfront parks along the way.
- Looking for a great playground to keep the kids entertained? Check out Boronia Park.
- Play a few sets at Hunters Hill Lawn Tennis Club.
- Tackle the picturesque Lane Cove Valley Walk, which is part of the Great North Walk.
With a median house price that exceeds $2.5 million, Hunters Hill is one of the most prestigious suburbs in Sydney. Its leafy streets are dotted with heritage-listed homes, with many properties boasting their own boatsheds and water access. There are lots of gorgeous sandstone houses in this part of the world, with none of the high-rise apartments you can find in many other suburbs this close to the CBD.
For the most part, the population of Hunters Hill is made up of families and older couples. It’s an ideal spot for anyone who prefers their peace and quiet over the frantic pace of inner-city living, so there are plenty of reasons why the locals love their pretty little peninsula.
- Linley Point
- East Ryde
- Tennyson Point
- Huntleys Cove
- Huntleys Point
- Lane Cove West
- Lane Cove North
House Cleaning Services in Hunters Hill, Sydney
Your Happiness Guaranteed
Hunters Hill's Best and Most Trusted Cleaner
Let’s face it: house cleaning is no-one’s idea of fun. After all, who would be happy scrubbing toilets and mopping floors when they could be out and about, perhaps relaxing in one of Hunters Hill’s waterfront parks or enjoying a lazy lunch at a café?
That’s where we come in. We offer a reliable and professional house cleaning service in Hunters Hill and throughout Sydney, and can take care of all those boring and repetitive chores you don’t want to do. This means less stress and more free time for you so you can spend your days enjoying all the best aspects of the Hunters Hill lifestyle.
With us the residents of Hunters Hill can schedule exceptional:
Recurring home cleaning
Deep and Spring cleaning
Move-in / move-out / end of lease / bond cleaning
- Fridge and oven cleaning
- Interior window cleaning
- Carpet cleaning
Relax with Convenience and Reliability
We delight in creating more hygienic and vibrant homes in Hunters Hill. This is made much easier with our streamlined booking process. All you have to do is enter your basic details and you can select from a wide range of professional cleaning services with flexible schedules in under a minute.
With our secure and very easy to use booking system, you can secure your next house cleaning in 60 seconds now.