Lane Cove at a Glance
The lower north shore suburb of Lane Cove, found less than 10km northwest of the Sydney CBD, sits on a pretty peninsula at the mouth of the Lane Cove River. It’s a family-friendly suburb with plenty of great features, but Lane Cove is really a study in contrasts.
On the one hand, it’s got everything you’d expect to find in a location so close to the heart of Australia’s largest city — excellent transport links, a vibrant café scene and a busy shopping district.
At the same time, the hustle and bustle of city living is set against a natural, leafy backdrop. There are pockets of bushland and green space where you feel like you’re miles away from the high rises of Sydney, and the suburb also boasts some spectacular water views of the Lane Cove River and beyond.
It’s this combination of the city and the bush that gives Lane Cove its unique charm. While it’s conveniently located for Sydney’s legions of office workers, it also boasts a village atmosphere that’s hard to come by in a major global city.
Take a stroll through Lane Cove Plaza and you’ll soon see what we mean. Open only to pedestrians, this central hub has a laid-back, relaxed vibe. There are family businesses doing a roaring trade, cafes serving great coffee, and neighbours greeting each other by name. And everywhere you look, people are going about their day with an unhurried ease.
But head away from the built-up area and you’ll come across regular pockets of greenery. Families can enjoy a picnic on Pottery Green Oval, nature enthusiasts can take a scenic bushwalk along Stringybark Creek, and kayakers can find several spots to launch their craft onto the Lane Cove River.
Whether you’re young and single, a growing family or heading towards retirement, there’s plenty to love about this sleepy little community. This is no doubt why it’s one of the most sought-after suburbs in Sydney, and why locals are proud to call Lane Cove home.
Lane Cove Highlights
- The location. 9km from the Sydney CBD but you feel like you're in a quiet little village.
- The blend of city and bush living. All the comforts and conveniences of city life, but with plenty of quiet pockets of bushland when you want to escape the urban jungle.
- The cafes. Good food, good coffee and a relaxed atmosphere.
- Family-friendly suburb that offers a little something for everyone.
- Major supermarkets and boutique shops, not to mention a huge library and an aquatic centre.
- Good parking as well as strong road and public transport links to city.
- Several schools to choose from in the local area.
- The traffic (and sometimes the accidents) on Burns Bay Road, Centennial Avenue and River Road.
- Nearest train station (Artarmon) is a 2km walk away.
- Looking for Lane Cove National Park? You won't actually find it in the suburb of Lane Cove. Instead, you can access the park's main entrance to the northwest, sandwiched between Chatswood West and North Ryde.
- There's a pretty good reason why Via Napoli Pizzeria is so popular - try it and you'll understand why.
- Need a coffee fix or a delicious breakfast? Hit up Birdwood Café.
Living in Lane Cove
Cafes and Tidbits
- Birdwood Café's all-day breakfasts are well worth sampling.
- If you're not in a hurry, grab a coffee, a pastry and an outdoor table at La Provence Espresso Bar.
- Looking for wholefoods and organic produce? Head to Flannerys.
- Lil Lane Eatery may be small, but its coffees and homemade dishes are big on taste.
- Head to The Junction Coffee Co. if you need a caffeine hit.
- Via Napoli is an award-winning pizzeria and something of a local institution. Try the capricciosa and thank us later.
- Gather your friends and tuck into a few delicious, Mediterranean-inspired share plates at The Alcott.
- Fancy some Spanish? Head to Encasa on Longueville Road. The seafood is particularly delicious, but we’re also pretty partial to the sangria.
- Vegemite crunchy pork belly, anyone? Book a table at Wok Passion.
- Lillah Middle Eastern for the slow-cooked lamb or a mouth-watering hummus bowl.
- The beers are cold and the burgers are beautiful at the Longueville Hotel.
- The wine list at Little Red Robin is long and diverse, but there are also spirits and even organic tea if you'd prefer.
- Sample a seasonal cocktail at The Alcott's Spritz Bar.
- Craft beer, a decent cocktail list and a dining menu based on locally sourced ingredients - Shorties Bar & Dining is well worth a visit.
Sites and Activities
- Lace up your hiking boots to tackle more than a dozen bushwalks in the local area.
- Get fit swimming laps at the Lane Cove Aquatic Centre.
- Treat your dog to some off-leash fun and games on Pottery Green.
- Visit Carisbrook Historic House to get a taste of life in the 1880s.
- Play a round at Lane Cove Golf Club.
- Treat your inner culture vulture at Gallery Lane Cove.
The lifestyle in Lane Cove is relaxed and easy-going, combining leafy surrounds with great restaurants and a lively shopping district. However, the range of properties on offer is similarly diverse.
While recent years have seen an influx of apartments and high-density living, Lane Cove certainly isn’t anywhere near as built up as many other Sydney suburbs. You’ll still find plenty of family homes in the area, as well as older houses on half-acre blocks. Of course, given Lane Cove’s proximity to the Sydney CBD, regardless of whether you’re looking to buy or rent, houses in this part of the world don’t come cheap.
- Lane Cove West
- Lane Cove North
- Chatswood West
- Linley Point
- Hunters Hill
House Cleaning Services in Lane Cove, Sydney
Your Happiness Guaranteed
Lane Cove's Best and Most Trusted Cleaner
When you live somewhere as beautiful as Lane Cove, you don’t want to spend your downtime vacuuming, mopping, dusting and scrubbing. After all, why lock yourself inside to clean when you could be tucking into brunch at a Lane Cove café, enjoying dinner with friends at an award-winning restaurant, or immersing yourself in the native bushland for which Lane Cove is famous?
Let our professional cleaners take care of the hard work while you get out there and embrace the best that Lane Cove has to offer.
With us the residents of Lane Cove can schedule exceptional:
Recurring home cleaning
Deep and Spring cleaning
Move-in / move-out / end of lease / bond cleaning
- Fridge and oven cleaning
- Interior window cleaning
- Carpet cleaning
Relax with Convenience and Reliability
We delight in creating more hygienic and vibrant homes in Lane Cove. This is made much easier with our streamlined booking process. All you have to do is enter your basic details and you can select from a wide range of professional cleaning services with flexible schedules in under a minute.
With our secure and very easy to use booking system, you can secure your next house cleaning in 60 seconds now.