Paddington at a Glance
As a kid I cherished outfit shopping with mum. We would visit boutique stores scattered around Sydney and in the CBD and explore various outfits as I giggled at the unique accents of store clerks. As we’ve become more globalised it’s a lot harder to find these quaint boutique stores around Sydney’s CBD now, except in Paddington where they flourish. Home to the stylish and fashionable, the suburb of Paddington has been magnificently preserved as a hub of design, art and modern chic culture. This inner-city enclave remains an ideal place for a weekend stroll.
Historically, rescued from a full redevelopment by Europeans, today, Paddington is home to the infamous Paddington Markets which has incubated local brands such as Zimmerman and Dinosaur Designs. As a passageway to the East and Sydney CBD, most of your retail therapy can be satisfied along the corridor of Oxford St. However, we see an increase in new pop-ups in the laneways offering more to explore and taste.
- Boutique shopping at its best with an equal selection of local cafes.
- Prime location being only a 30 minute walk from the Sydney City and closer to the East of Sydney and Bondi.
- Overall friendly neighbourhood
- A good selection of public and private schools.
- Being a popular and central area, finding parking is becoming a lot more difficult.
- Locals favour the village clusters of Five Ways and The Intersection Paddington along Glenmore Road.
- Check out the Reservoir Gardens that sits below street level along Oxford Street. It’s a tranquil retreat to give you a moment to ponder your life.
Living in Paddington
Cafes and Tidbits
Café 1812 offers a contemporary trip of blended fragrant coffee and good food set in a Streets of Holland theme.
Four Six Eight is a modern Japanese inspired café with a Scandinavian design. Fantastic coffee and bites from locally sourced ingredients.
- Thirty Coffee is a hole-in-the-wall café and we mean “hole-in-the-wall” offering amazing coffee.
- Pusher Espresso Bar has that oaken feel that makes me want to order something strong. This is coupled with great service.
Ampersand is quaint bookstore café perfect for escaping into stories with a cappuccino.
- Paddington Alimentari is a little taste of Italy. Seating is quite limited but worth it.
Saint Peter is a must treat for Australian seafood lovers.
Love Supreme will satisfy your organic pizza cravings.
Buon Ricordo Ristorante provides first class service of Neopolitan peasant food which tastes divine.
Chubby Cheeks puts contemporary spin on South East Asian classics.
Indian Home Diner opens until late for your Indian cravings.
Fred’s centres on ethically sourced seasonal prepared and cooked in a unique way.
Tequila Mockingbird has converted a Paddington terrace into one of the most exhilarating Latin American restaurants in town.
- St Claude's provides a refined setting for your French favourites like duck confit and gruyere soufflé.
Charlie Packer’s is a basement bar with a perfect atmosphere to accompany your cocktail.
The London serves craft beer and a delicious roast pork belly. We love the décor here.
The Royal Hotel Paddington has a panoramic open air rooftop where you can take your time to enjoy pub classics.
Paddo Inn is surprisingly modern given its name and serves food to match.
The Village Inn is a trendy blend of old Irish and modern refinement through exposed bricks and timber.
The Paddington serves great grub and pints to wash it down.
The Bellevue Hotel if you’re feeling more relaxed and casual.
- The Unicorn Hotel is where you go to guarantee you’ll get your classic pub food fix.
Sites and Activities
- Boutique shopping and upgrading your style.
- Wandering the various art enclaves scattered throughout this inner city suburb.
- Paddington Markets every Saturday.
Paddington is filled with well restored Victorian terrace houses ranging from single storey to three stories.
As at the time of writing this, the average rent for a 2 bedroom terrace / apartment is $750. An equivalent house would increase your rent to $900 per week.
- Surry Hills
- Moore Park
- Centennial Park
- Darling Point
- Elizabeth Bay
- Potts Point
House Cleaning Services in Paddington, Sydney
Your Happiness Guaranteed
Paddington's Best and Most Trusted Cleaner
Whether you have 2 kids hand painting your walls or a bachelor chilling at the Paddo Inn, we have you covered when it comes to keeping your home hygienic and looking fresh. Unless you're a cleaning freak like us you have other things on your mind and tasks to attend to, leave the tidying and mess clearing to us for a professional and guaranteed result.
With us the residents of Paddington can schedule exceptional:
Recurring home cleaning
Deep and Spring cleaning
Move-in / move-out / end of lease / bond cleaning
- Fridge and oven cleaning
- Interior window cleaning
- Carpet cleaning
Relax with Convenience and Reliability
We delight in creating more hygienic and vibrant homes in Paddington. This is made much easier with our streamlined booking process. All you have to do is enter your basic details and you can select from a wide range of professional cleaning services with flexible schedules in under a minute.
With our secure and very easy to use booking system, you can secure your next house cleaning in 60 seconds now.