Rozelle at a Glance
Rozelle is a lively suburb just across the Anzac Bridge from Pyrmont. Together with its neighbouring suburb Balmain, the area has more bars per capita than anywhere else in Sydney. Stroll down to Bridgewater Park beneath the Iron Cove Bridge, or stop by the Rozelle Markets on the weekend for food and crafts. If you need to get to work or to the city, just catch the light rail for a short ride to the CBD or Central Station.
Less hipster than Newtown, Rozelle nevertheless has a thriving art scene, cafe culture, and abundance of yoga studios. Young families are drawn here due to its affordability and mix of residential and commercial districts. Specialised grocery stories like Herbies, Essential Ingredient (now moved to Surry Hills) and the Cook’s Grocer make this the perfect neighbourhood for the home chef. And dog-lovers can choose from several walking trails along the Parramatta River. Whatever your interests, Rozelle has plenty of variety to offer.
- An abundance of dining and shopping options means you’ll never run out of new places to grab brunch or dinner.
- Beautiful paths along the river from King George Park to Bridgewater Park.
- Boutique grocery stores, vintage clothing shops, and art galleries make this the perfect suburb for those with an artistic side.
- Easy access to Sydney CBD via the light rail line.
- Singles may find this family-friendly neighbourhood too kid-centric and less welcoming to newcomers.
- Rozelle is under the flight path from Sydney airport, so you may hear airplane noises from early morning takeoffs.
- The Bay Run is a 7km loop along the waterfront and back over the Iron Cove Bridge.
- Don’t miss the Rozelle Collectors Market for rare plants, records, jewellery, and secondhand goodies.
Snapshot of Features
Cafes and Tidbits
- Stop for breakfast or lunch at Rozelle Espresso.
- Or Victoire for pastries and baguettes.
Egg of the Universe serves seasonal wholefoods inside a yoga studio.
- Plantae is a coffeeshop and deli.
- While Piccolo’s serves espresso, breakfast, and lunch.
- Stop for dessert at Bellingen Gelato, which offers inventive flavours like stewed plum and black sesame.
Nithik’s Kitchen serves upscale, a la carte Indian food.
ReccoLab has all-you-can-eat pizza for $20 on Tuesdays.
Harvest Vegetarian serves creative vegan and vegetarian food and hosts cooking classes.
- Le Coq Healthy Rotisserie serves French rotisserie chicken and truffle mac’n’cheese.
The Green Lion offers some of the best vegan pub food in Sydney, one floor up from the Red Lion Hotel.
The Welcome Hotel offers beer, Italian food, and trivia nights.
- The Native Rose Hotel hosts live music and open mic nights.
- 3 Weeds has rotating taps, pot pies and weekly curry nights.
Sites and Activities
- The Artereal Gallery displays art of all kinds, including sculpture, painting, and photography, in a former fire station.
- Callan Park is a historical residence with beautiful gardens and the site of the Sydney College of the Arts.
- Visit the New Zealand Soldier Memorial at the base of the Anzac Bridge.
- Shop for kitchen supplies at the Essential Ingredient, then order prepared dinners to cook at home from the Cook’s Grocer.
Rozelle is a popular neighborhood for young families and working professionals due to its vibrant commercial districts and proximity to the CBD. The demographics are less diverse than other neighbourhoods, with around 60% of residents born in the country, and 8% born in England. Other languages spoken at home include Spanish, Greek, and Mandarin. Rozelle has several historic pubs, schools, and churches.
As at the time of writing this, the average rent for a 2 bedroom unit / apartment is $750. An equivalent house would increase your rent to $830 per week.
House Cleaning Services in Rozelle, Sydney
Your Happiness Guaranteed
Rozelle's Best and Most Trusted Cleaner
With all of the organic food and vintage shopping you can do in Rozelle, it’s no wonder if your home or apartment gets a little out of hand. If your kitchen is still recovering from your last dinner party, or you can’t fit all your new clothes in the closet, give us a call and we’ll send one of our trusted cleaners over to help get things in order!
With us the residents of Rozelle can schedule exceptional:
Recurring home cleaning
Deep and Spring cleaning
Move-in / move-out / end of lease / bond cleaning
- Fridge and oven cleaning
- Interior window cleaning
- Carpet cleaning
Relax with Convenience and Reliability
We delight in creating more hygienic and vibrant homes in Rozelle. This is made much easier with our streamlined booking process. All you have to do is enter your basic details and you can select from a wide range of professional cleaning services with flexible schedules in under a minute.
With our secure and very easy to use booking system, you can secure your next house cleaning in 60 seconds now.