St Leonards at a Glance
Located just 5km northwest of the Sydney CBD, St Leonards sits in one of the most convenient locations on the lower north shore. Hop on a train heading towards the city and you’ll be at Wynyard amongst the bright lights of the CBD in less than 15 minutes. If you’d rather head north, the thriving restaurant and shopping precinct of Chatswood is just a five-minute ride in the opposite direction.
This is a major reason why many people choose to live in St Leonards, but it’s far from the only one. Because while you can easily access some of Sydney’s best attractions from this sought-after suburb, there’s plenty to see, do and enjoy without having to leave St Leonards.
Much of the activity in St Leonards is centred around the train station and The Forum. The Forum boasts high-rise office space and residential towers, but it’s the ground floor cafes and eateries that always draw a crowd.
On any given weekday, this precinct is a hive of activity as office workers and students follow their noses towards any number of delicious cuisines. Regardless of whether you want a toasted sandwich, sushi, salad, curry or fast food, you’ll find something to satisfy your cravings here. There are plenty more eateries outside The Forum as well — wander along Atchison Street or the Pacific Highway and take your pick of the restaurants and cafes.
Elsewhere, large chunks of real estate in St Leonards are taken up by the Gore Hill Cemetery and two hospitals, but there’s still ample open space for anyone keen to spend some time in the great outdoors. Gore Hill Oval is often a hive of activity on weekdays, as office workers look for ways to raise a sweat during their lunch breaks, while Newlands Park is a leafy park that’s great for kids.
And while St Leonards already offers so much, it’s only going to get bigger and better in the future. With plans for more high-rises, a bus interchange and a public plaza in the works, who knows what the suburb will look like in 10 years’ time.
St Leonards Highlights
- Excellent access to the CBD via train, bus and car.
- Wide range of cafes and eateries to choose from.
- A short walk to the bars and restaurants of nearby Crows Nest.
- Convenient location and easy access to shops, eateries and more.
- You're never too far away from Royal North Shore Hospital in case of emergency.
- Plenty of major companies have offices here, so you may be lucky enough to enjoy an ultra-short commute to work.
- Finding a car park can be a challenge at times.
- Traffic on the Pacific Highway and other popular thoroughfares can get quite congested.
- St Leonards can feel a little like a ghost town on weekends.
- Keen to stay active during the working week? Join a lunchtime soccer game on Gore Hill Oval.
- Eating in The Forum's outdoor plaza? Be ready to beat away aggressive pigeons hell-bent on stealing your lunch.
- It's possible to find free street parking just a short walk from The Forum - head into the backstreets north of Chandos Street to see what you can find.
Living in St Leonards
Cafes and Tidbits
- Try the breakfast burrito or eggs cooked your way at The Wooden Whisk.
- Looking for something light and healthy? Rough & Bare has got you covered.
- Savour the perfect pastry at Romeo's Pie Café.
- Enjoy a delicious coffee and gourmet breakfast at Cavalier 2.0.
- Caffe Nostra on Atchison Street rarely disappoints when you want a quick bite to eat.
- Grab a coffee or a quick lunch at Flying Egg.
- A gourmet meal at The Moody Chef should put you in a good mood.
- Tuck into a hearty serve of Singapore noodles or a fresh stir fry at Ace Noodle.
- Hit up Mas.Que for the all-day brunch.
- Try the salt and pepper squid or lamb fillet pancakes at Szechuan Garden.
- Vegans are well catered for with the plant-based fare at Green Gourmet.
- Get your pho fix and sample other Vietnamese staples at Song Nhi.
- Try the fried rice (and maybe a cocktail or two) at The Rice Den.
- You’ll find cold beer and pub classics at the St Leonards Tavern.
- Admire the vintage memorabilia and décor while you enjoy a craft beer at Gilroys Hotel.
- Plus plenty more establishments in nearby Crows Nest, including the Crows Nest Hotel, The Stoned Crow and Small Bar.
Sites and Activities
- Looking for a shaded park and playground where the kids can run wild? Check out Newlands Park.
- Get a takeaway lunch from a Forum café and eat it in the sun overlooking Gore Hill Oval.
- Challenge yourself at the Climb Fit indoor rock climbing centre.
While big apartment blocks are starting to dominate the St Leonards skyline, that’s not the only option for people thinking of living in the suburb. You’ll also find a small smattering of historic properties and larger homes, which unsurprisingly don’t come cheap.
Although there are many different demographics represented in St Leonards, it’s a favoured spot among young professionals. With its easy access to the city, abundance of rental apartments and many cafes and eateries, it’s not hard to see why so many young Sydneysiders are happy to call St Leonards home.
House Cleaning Services in St Leonards, Sydney
Your Happiness Guaranteed
St Leonards' Best and Most Trusted Cleaner
If you’re time-poor or would simply rather spend your downtime doing something you actually enjoy instead of cleaning, you’ve come to the right place. If spending hours vacuuming and scrubbing doesn’t fit in with your busy lifestyle, why not find a reliable house cleaner in St Leonards who can do the hard work for you?
Our domestic cleaners have the know-how and commitment needed to ensure that your home is sparkling, leaving you free to get out and enjoy life in this thriving and convenient Sydney suburb.
With us the residents of St Leonards can schedule exceptional:
Recurring home cleaning
Deep and Spring cleaning
Move-in / move-out / end of lease / bond cleaning
- Fridge and oven cleaning
- Interior window cleaning
- Carpet cleaning
Relax with Convenience and Reliability
We delight in creating more hygienic and vibrant homes in St Leonards. This is made much easier with our streamlined booking process. All you have to do is enter your basic details and you can select from a wide range of professional cleaning services with flexible schedules in under a minute.
With our secure and very easy to use booking system, you can secure your next house cleaning in 60 seconds now.